History comes alive in downtown Easton on Heritage Day from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. The day begins with Town Criers proclaiming their allegiance for or against independence. Then at noon, at precisely the time and place the original Declaration was read, Easton’s own Christopher Black portrays Robert Levers and reads the historical document aloud to a crowd of thousands. It’s a performance you will never forget.
Traditional Artisans are set up all around the Circle demonstrating their crafts. Reenactors representing every military conflict from the French and Indian War through the modern day are represented. Everything from a Colonial cannon to the National Guard’s climbing wall is there for you to learn about and enjoy. See our full list of participating reenactor groups below:
- 1st Pennsylvania Regiment (Revolutionary War)
- Lambs Artillery (Revolutionary War)
- 153rd Pennsylvania Regiment (Civil War)
- New York Berdans (Civil War)
- 9th Division Marines (World War II)
- 109th Infantry 28th Division (World War II)
- World War II Chaplin, Rev. John Uhler
- Army Ground Forces Association: is IRS listed 501.c.3 non-profit public charity dedicated to promoting and facilitating research, interest and pride in America’s veterans of WWII. We specialize in restoration, preservation and interpretation of the history of the United States Army’s Coast Artillery Corps (Harbor Defense, railway artillery and anti-aircraft missions). Our mission is accomplished through living history based interpretive programming and by the preservation and restoration of United States Army structures and equipment. We have an interpretive agreement with the National Park Service at Fort Hancock (Sandy Hook) New Jersey where we are restoring and interpreting Battery Gunnison/New Peck which retains its original M1900 6-inch seacoast rifles.
- Northampton County Marine Corps (Korea)
- 1st Brigade 50th Armor Division (Cold War Era)
- Vietnam Vets
- Dogs of War (Vietnam)
We are also joined by:
- Ben Franklin
- Matt Dodd (Songs of the Canal)
- Abraham Lincoln
- Ulysses S. Grant
- Teddy Roosevelt
- Fife and Drummer
If your group would like to participate in 2019’s festival or have any questions about participating as a group or single reenactor, contact Jim Schoof at firstname.lastname@example.org.